British Bangladesh Fashion Council’s (BBFC) mission is to celebrate and promote Bangladeshi fashion arts and culture whilst championing the relationship between the UK and Bangladesh, using fashion as a conduit. We will showcase the vibrant and colourful talent of designers that are influenced and/or share a Bangladeshi heritage.
BBFC is a social enterprise and not for profit company set up to deliver training, work experience and networking opportunities. We offer a range of other developmental programmes and events related to fashion for British Bangladeshis including our flagship event, Bangladesh Fashion Week London (BFWL), which will be hosted on Saturday 1st October 2016 at East Wintergarden, Canary Wharf.BBFC holds the exclusive rights to BFWL, which will be an annual event that we want to firmly embed in the British Fashion calendar.
Bangladesh Fashion Week London (BFWL) will be an exclusive event promising an eclectic mix of traditional, modest,party and bridal designers who will be exhibiting exclusive fashion lines reserved to be launched at Bangladesh Fashion Week London 2016. We will bring fusion designers together from upcoming British labels as well as the hottest Bangladeshi fashion trendsetters. As well as fashion designers, BFWL will showcase the best creative talent inlifestyle, make-up, hair styling, accessory and jewellery designers/artists.
The key objectives of BBFC is:
- Promote Bangladeshi fashion, designers & it’s inspired fashion industry
- Support existing and aspiring designers and others within the sector through training and other development programmes
- Promote employment opportunities in fashion & design
- Promote entrepreneurship to British Bangladeshi designers & associated professionals
- Build a bridge between the Read Made Garment (RMG) sector, the RMG purchasers and fashion designers here in the UK & Bangladesh, to create employment opportunities for local people
- Promote British fashion designers in Bangladesh to enhance trading links
- Change the perception of Bangladesh and its arts and culture through the use of fashion.
BBFC is supported by an expert Advisory Board, consisting of specialist talent from the fashion, arts, entertainment, business and media professions. The Advisory Board will oversee the development and delivery of BFWL 2016 as well as other projects